Thursday, October 20, 2011

Missing Out

Am I really the one who's missing out on what the best thing is? I feel like there's something bigger and better out there that God wants to show me. People keep telling me to grab up what's being offered, but I can't make myself do it. "How many people will you break in this senseless quest for something many of us will never obtain?" I guess the farther God leads me, the more people will get broken.

This isn't the way I wanted it. But if this is what it takes to obtain God's best, I'll go through it. After all, what do I know? I would probably choose the path that would destroy me in the end. I often feel like I'm walking somewhere that only He knows. I get confused, frustrated and often angry. But He keeps reminding me that He's in control, and all I need to do is trust Him.

So what am I really missing out on? When so many others are settling for better, why can't I settle only for His best?

What if who the world thinks I should settle for really turns out to be someone I regret in the long run? -(Yeah, we're talking relationship, here)- I want so much more than the first guy who comes along and turns my head. People think I'm crazy for passing those opportunities up. And deep down, I guess I am. But I want something so much more than that. So I'm giving up better for best.

He's out there, and he'll be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment