Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Thousand Sleepless Nights

"What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it
takes to know You're near? What if trials of this life are Your
mercies in disguise?"
~ Laura Story, "Blessings"


   Whenever God wants to really get a point across to me, He usually doesn't let me sleep until I "get it". I'm one of those people who needs to get totally numb before I can sleep. When my mind runs a billion miles an hour, or I'm stressing over something sleep just isn't an option. And sometimes it's not just that God wants me to know something.
He wants me to know He's there. Right there with me. 
No matter what.
   Sometimes things happen and I feel alone. When I'm going through something hard I tend to shut down and shut people out. I start to feel like no one knows exactly what I'm feeling or even going through. But I finally had a break through one night. During one of my "thousand sleepless nights." 
How could I not have confidence and find my comfort in God?
After all, He created me. He created my very being.
He felt everything that I feel.
He took everything that hurts me to the cross.
He bore it and He WON!!
   I am never alone. I can have peace and let everything go because Jesus bore it and defeated it. The things that would sink their teeth in to me, the things Satan hurls at me are powerless. 
"Satan can gum you to death, but his teeth have been removed."
~ John Piper
   So, in spite of the rambling, what I wanted to really get across is don't push the sleepless nights away. Embrace the wakefulness. You'd very likely find that you aren't alone. You're never alone. 
   


   

No comments:

Post a Comment