Saturday, June 25, 2011

Heartbroken, But Strong




   It's kind of funny how easily breakable hearts are. Especially trusting hearts. You know, those hearts that lay it all on the line for the sake of love. Not just romantic love, but love for family and friends. Hearts truly are fragile things. 

   I've had my heart broken, several times in fact, and it's one of those hardships you never really get over. It sort of feels like your heart turns into a piece of pottery that's been glued back together: It still meets its purpose, but it doesn't look as good as it once did. It's brittle and jagged in some places. It might even be weak. And when it gets re-broken, sometimes it can't be fixed.

   But is there a way to keep a heart from breaking? I used to think there was, but now I don't think so. I used to think that if you completely guarded your heart that there was no way it could get broken. That's not even remotely possible. If you love someone you're putting your heart on the chopping block. Love has to be sacrificial. I think that if you truly love someone, you're willing to lay yourself down to fully love them. And sometimes people handle your heart roughly and it gets bruised or broken. 

   Even though people break hearts, God is a Healer and He will not break your heart. He lovingly heals while teaching valuable lessons in love and relationships. He puts the glue in that makes hearts stronger through the heartbroken seasons, hearts that beat stronger and love more deeply than before they were broken. 

   Sometimes I feel like my life is made up of heartbroken seasons. But I know that God is healing, and He's giving me a heart that's strong, a heart that's passionate, a heart that loves people for just being people. And He's giving me a heart that's crazy in love with Him.






   Through this long brokenhearted season, I'm finding myself falling into a love so deep and passionate that I know it won't let me go! I'm totally in love with my Jesus, my Healer.


   The Lord has really been using this song to encourage and uplift my heart the past couple years. Listen to the words. Find your shelter and your healing in the love of Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment