Friday, February 17, 2012

Pain

 Sometimes life just hurts. Like today. And yesterday. All the way back to Sunday. Yes, the pain started Sunday. And it's intensified since Monday. I can't stop the ache, and I don't want to stop it. 

Some people say that they don't know what it is to feel anymore. I used to think they were just being dramatic or attempting and failing to be profound. I've found they knew a thing or two. This ache is really all I feel. 

 I'm tired. I've shut down. I've put up too many walls. No one can get through them anymore. I'm stronger than I used to be, and it takes more to break through. Now it takes the pain to make me cry. I can't even cry anymore. 

 I think I've held on way too long. Now that it's time to let go I don't really know how. Maybe one day I'll learn how.


No comments:

Post a Comment